Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Homecoming Recap

I think I didn't blog yesterday because I was still in denial that one of my favorite weekends is over. It was just splendid. The quality family time is unmatched and the pride I felt all weekend was just marvelous! I was proud of my sister, proud of my school, and proud to be an alumni of Baylor University! 

The weekend all begins with the parade. My blonde sister was nominated by the fraternity FIJI and so she was riding in a phenomenal Bentley driven by her best friend, Connor! She was also a float chair and her float was the Class A winner!!! I was so excited for all of it! (Picture overload time)

 




We have our spot during the period and the history department is always behind us in front of a library. Well the were passing out free "Round Ups" which is our Baylor yearbook! My uncle went up just to look and found a Round Up from 1954. If you recall, around Christmas I was so excited about getting a "brick" in the new stadium. Our brick states the year my grandfather graduated from Baylor, 1955. We looked in the yearbook and found him, Rollins, Lowell!! You bet my mom took that Round Up home. And then, after tailgating, we found our brick... and all the Baylor cousins got to crowd around it.... because it truly did begin with "D-Daddy."

 

I got to see my friend Terrance Ganaway do his thing with "Baylor Game Day"!! He looked so good in his suit! He actually knew we were getting engaged the night before we did, because my blonde sister cannot keep a secret!! :) He's heard a lot about Duck Dude so it was nice to finally introduce them to each other!



Then it was time to go into that beautiful new stadium on the Brazos river. It's magnificent and I was so, so happy to be there. I yelled a lot of Sic 'ems, never waited in line to go the bathroom (seriously a plus), and cheered my Bears on to a victory over the Jayhawks! 

 



Until next year.... my five year reunion. Woah. 

Sic 'em Bears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment