Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sentimental-ness About My DVR

I have given y'all a heads up that these posts are going to come. The "I'm about to move and will miss my apartment" posts. This is one of those posts and it's a very sentimental one...... about my DVR. 

This DVR and I have been together for over 3 years now... It's been a good three years.. and it has treated me well. It records all the shows I ask it to without even complaining. It reminds me when shows come back on because it knows to record. It keeps all the shows I don't have time to watch during volleyball season, so I can binge watch over Thanksgiving break and Christmas break. And don't even get me started on all the work it does during the summer. When I throw random shows in there just because I've watched almost everything. The app on my phone lets me record things even when I forget. And during those summer months when my whole days goal is not to leave the couch.. I can just change my pre-recorded selection from my phone. 

The little red recording light makes my heart go pitter-patter. 

So, I give to you... the top shows I will miss having on my DVR and one giant reason I know Duck Dude loves me. 

Blake Shelton Live Concert - One of the very first shows I ever recorded in my apt... It's an awesome concert and I still like to jam out to it while I am getting ready. Anything with Blake Shelton is good... a free tv concert is the best!!

New Girl Pilot - I recorded this show hoping it would be good and was delighted when in the first A girl who sings her own theme song? Perfect. A girl who makes Lord of the Ring references? Amazing. A girl who makes awkward noises with her glasses? This show was made for me. 

Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders - I don't actually watch the show... my college roommate texted me and said, "hey! Is your dad on the show?" and so I recorded it and saw my dad filming the cheerleaders and they called him out by name! So, it's still on my DVR.

Les Miserables - Because sometimes you just need to sing Red and Black and act like you're about to be in a revolution!!! Guess that means I have to buy this one.

Gaithersburg Gospel Hour - Because I really love nothing more than old gospel songs with 7 part harmonies. It just does something to me. So, sometimes I get ready to them.

Cheaters - Remember?? That one time I was on Cheaters!!! When I lose this episode, I will probably slip back into the oblivion of the unknown and everyone will forget that laughing face in the background. 

Sister Act II - It basically got it's own blog last week. It goes hand in hand with the gospel music. I love this movie so much. Except I don't really treat it like a movie... more like a sing-a-long!

Good Morning America - Because your coworker only gets engaged live on tv every so often!! Just kidding... It was one of the best days of my teaching career! Getting to help with the proposal, trying to make 8th grade girls keep a secret, and getting to rewatch it whenever I want!!!

See!!! I am going to miss those shows sooo much!!!! And now, onto the giant reason I know Duck Dude loves me. Well, you see... his house does not use the same provider my apts use. My provider allows me to record up to 4 shows at one time. His provider? 2 shows. That is two shows annnd you cannot watch live tv! You would have to watch one of those two shows! Blasphemy... I know. So when he came over for dinner on Monday night he said, "I have something to tell you that you're gonna love." I asked what it was and he told me, "We can record up to six shows now...... and it's 10 dollars cheaper."

And that's how I know he loves me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment