Wednesday, May 7, 2014

YMCA = MX + B

I had a recipe prepared for today, but it will have to wait until tomorrow, because I just had the best thing happen to me. 

It's already one of my favorite teaching days. I'm teaching slope-intercept form. For those of you who do not remember back to Algebra.. that would be y = mx + b. Which doesn't sound all to enthralling, until you watch this fantastic video that's on YouTube. Then, voila, my kids love it! 

So, I'm showing this amazing video, and one of my students asks, "Is this really what they wore in the 80s?"

Then my sweet little Korean girl is sitting there watching and smiling (she doesn't talk... at all). I asked her if she even knew what the YMCA song was and she shook her head no!

"Travesty!!!" I yelled, and then proceeded to show her and the entire class the YMCA video. Who really cares about homework. Um, have you ever actually watched the video?? I had not, and it's glorious. 


You're welcome for brightening your hump day with two videos that you'll probably be singing the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment