Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Ceremony

We had the greatest ceremony! I still have people who tell me what a great job my Uncle did. My uncle who a month before the wedding was asking me if I had found someone else to do it and kept telling me I could change my mind if I wanted a "real" preacher to do it!

Someone actually told my mom, "I normally zone out for the ceremony part... and clue back in for the kiss.... but in Mollie's wedding I paid attention the entire time!" Which is a pretty big compliment!!

Music for the grandparents and parents entrance: It is Well with My Soul by A Quiet Place Instrumental Hymns


Music for the wedding party entrance: The Mission/How Great Thou Art by The Piano Guys 

 At this point, I had this weird sensation of let's do this. I told my dad, "Don't let me fall." But I was excited and I was ready to get to the end of the aisle.
 Bride entrance song: Dawn from Pride and Prejudice soundtrack



From there it went by quickly, but I was careful to listen to every word by Reverend/Doctor/Uncle was saying. He had asked us each the same questions earlier and used both of our answers during the ceremony. It kept me intrigued because I knew my answers, but was happy to hear Travis' answers. 

One of the last things we did together during our ceremony was have our first communion as a 
married couple. It was something I knew had to be involved from the beginning. The song I picked for this was the only song from our whole wedding that had lyrics and I still can rarely get through this song without crying. It's the only time I got truly emotional during the ceremony. The song meant a lot to me, and praying with my husband meant a lot to me. 
Communion song: Forever by Kari Jobe
"Forever he is glorified. Forever he is lifted high. Forever he is Risen. He is alive. He is alive."

 From there, it was repeating these words:
(Travis/Mollie), I love you. You are my best friend.
Today I give myself to you in marriage.
I promise to encourage you and inspire you, 
to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.
I promise to love you in good times and in bad, 
when life seems easy and when it seems hard,
when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. 
I promise to respect you, and to always hold you in the highest regard.
These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.

And sealed with a kiss! 
 
 And then we were presented as man and wife!!!!

Then, it was time to celebrate!!

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet ceremony! I would have loved to have my uncle perform our ceremony, he was the first person to tell me how much he loved Dave, and we had only been dating a few months. The fist pump after being pronounced husband and wife is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That part was actually my husband's idea and as soon as he said it, I couldn't think of anyone else!!!! It was wonderful!

      Delete
  2. You got some lovely photos from the ceremony! Looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was impressed with the pictures for sure!!!!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful ceremony and couple!! Having your uncle marry you sounds so perfect :) The photos of your first kiss are especially stunning. Thanks for always linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it!!! I'm glad I did it so I have this little memory to always come back to! :)

      Delete