Friday, May 8, 2015

Fear

This week in Texas has been filled with 80% chance of rain. This has led to my husband and I spending almost every night in the garage, listening to the Rangers, and waiting for the storm to roll in. It looks something like this.

Not a bad view, huh? I realize storms might be something that typically instills fear in a lot of people. I actually blogged about it not too long ago. However, I love that this is something that Duck Dude and I both really enjoy. It was a perfect week for our 2 month anniversary to fall in! Two whole months of marriage! Heck yeah!

This week’s #morethanaframe is “fear”. It’s taken me all week to write this, because I didn’t know how I wanted to approach it. Super serious. Super not serious. How honest is too honest? And then, I just decided to go for it.

I made the connection between our 2 month anniversary and this week’s concept of fear. There’s a lot of fear that I have about marriage. Marriage is hard and a lot of people fail. Whether they wanted their marriage to fail or not. Whether they thought they would fail or not. So, I have a pretty big fear about failing.

I have a fear about being by myself. I did pretty well living by myself for five years. I know I can be successful doing that… but it’s really fun living with someone. Especially someone you’re married to! And I love it… and as much as I loved living by myself, I do not want to go back to it.

I think we were technically turn this fear into bravery, but that doesn’t exactly fit. I don’t consider it a “brave” choice to get married. I also don’t think these are uncommon feelings when entering a marriage. I see it as the rewards outweigh the fear. The commitment outweighs the fear. The trust outweighs the fear. Our God outweighs the fear.

2 months of marriage. And while there are sure to be more storms, we’ll just sit in the garage and watch them roll on by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment