Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hasselback Chicken

I learned a new cooking term! Hasselback. 

You can technically hasselback anything.  If you were to google it right now you would see a lot of hasselback potato recipes, hasselback zucchini, and hasselback tomatoes. It is the process of making slices in something, but not cutting it all the way through... or at least, that's what I think it is. 

I decided I wanted to hasselback chicken. I had some spinach that was getting older and some Gruyere cheese that needed to be used. (P.S. if you've never tried Gruyere cheese... stop everything you are doing, drive to the nearest grocery store, and BUY some!!)

It's seriously one of the easiest recipes ever. Make cuts every 1/2 inch -- slice it a little further than 3/4 of the way through. Then fill in with chopped spinach and cheese. Once the chicken breast is stuffed, you can spice the top how you want! We added some lemon pepper, generic "herb" seasoning, and basil because my husband loves it. Bake it at 350 for 30 minutes and it's done!

We paired ours with lima beans and new potatoes. I forgot how much I love lima beans! 

I cannot wait to come up with other ideas of what to stuff it with? A southwest style? An Italian style? A three cheese style?

Has anyone ever tried this and have one they want to share? I'd be more than happy to try it! Have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment