Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Reception Details

I almost feel overwhelmed to try and begin to explain how incredible our reception was. There's over 800 pictures and they are all SO good.  So, I decided to start with the details. 


We walked down a long flight of stairs with our wedding party to "Bring Em Out" by TI. I was ready to get going at this point and wanted the music to reflect that!! 

Our first dance song was an acoustic, country version of "500 Miles." I spent forever trying to find the perfect song for both of us. This was definitely it!! We sang along, talked about how awkward it was, and I gripped on tight so I wouldn't fall.






Our food was fajitas! Catered by home church cook. They have a catering business fittingly called, "The Church Ladies." We bought our salsa and jalapeno ranch from Chuys, because YUM.


 
Our cakes were actually done by two different people. A donor's wife did Duck Dude's. It was amazing!!! My cake was done by Elizabeth's Cakes in Plano, Tx.

All of my flowers were done by Dominie at Wild Rose Events. She is also a wedding coordinator, so I was able to get my tablecloths through her as well. She also did the set up for my cake. There was about 6 inches between the table and a sheet of glass with flowers in between. It was beautiful. 



My centerpieces were borrowed from Duck Dude's cousin's friend who made them for her wedding. The only thing I added was the gold napkin, yup that's technically a napkin, underneath it. My other favorite part of my tables were the silverware holders. My aunt and cousin made all 300 of them out of burlap and lace. They were seriously the most perfect addition of uniqueness! There's got to be a better picture, but I cannot seem to find it right now. 

Our DJs were phenomenal. They kept everything going! They were with Astounding Sounds out of Dallas. They joined in the dances, threw in couple of slow songs, and kept everyone happy!

My dance with my dad was to Trace Adkins "Just fishing". It tells the story of a dad taking his daughter fishing and talking with her about life and all the time she thinks their just fishing.

Duck Dude and Shop Mama danced to "20 Years Late" by Aaron Lines. A song that talks about everything a mother did for him and he just called to say thank you and I love you 20 years late. 

Oh my gosh.. it is so fun telling all of this again. I cannot tell you how many people have said, "Let's do that again!!!" And I am happy to say that if Duck Dude and I win the lottery and can throw that kind of party again, it will be at the top of our list!!!

6 comments:

  1. Awww these are fantastic photos!! Those stairs are the perfect grand entrance, and I just LOVE both cakes!! Don't even get me started on those fajitas - I need to give my SIL that idea for her upcoming wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 1/2 of my family is gluten free and it was such an easy gf option! Corn tortillas was the only change we had to have! It worked really well!

      Delete
  2. Everything looks great! Glad that you two and all your guests had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! It's so much fun to talk about all of the memories again!

      Delete
  3. These details are perfect, and I love the inside of your venue. Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have gotten a ridiculous amount of people ask about our venue! It makes me smile every time! So thank you!

      Delete