Monday, May 18, 2015

Gradu- ate, ate, ate

My youngest sister, the blonde if you will, did it. She accomplished something on Saturday that a lot of people told her she would not do. 

You see, growing up, she was way behind on her reading levels. In 7th grade, they determined she was on a 2nd grade reading level. From there, they discovered that she had an "eye problem." Her eyes diverged instead of converged on words when she was reading. So it took her twice as long to read things, let alone comprehend them when she was reading. 

When I was at Baylor, I would spend hours on the phone with her, helping her with math. At this point in my education studies I was learning about learning disabilities. I knew she was dyslexic. I absolutely knew it, but the schools just said "she's got an eye problem" and blamed everything on that.

So, when it came time for her to choose a college and she wanted to go to Baylor, people told her maybe she should start off at a junior college. Baylor would be too hard for her. She wouldn't be able to handle the work load and definitely would not be able to handle the reading associated with classes.

But on Saturday, she proved them all wrong and my entire family could not be more proud of her!!!! 

I can't even read
Got nothing in my brain
That's what people say
That's what people say
Baylor's really hard
She'll far too far behind,
At least that's what people say
That's what people say
But I keep cruising
Can't stop, won't stop moving
It's like I got this sister
In my mind, saying it's gonna be alright
Cause the smarties gonna read, read, read
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate
Baby I'm just gonna gradu-, ate, ate
Graduate!

I am obsessed with this pic collage!! The left picture is my mom's yearbook picture from her senior year at Baylor! Then the top picture is my graduation in 2010, the middle picture is the red head's graduation in 2012, and the bottom is the blonde's in 2015! That's a little bit impressive, right? I love it!!!!

We've had a good run. A sibling in Baylor for 9 straight years. I'm not sure what to do with myself now that we officially are all finished with college!!!






I love you little bit and I cannot wait to see what is in your future!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment