Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Verse of 2015

It's that time of year where I pick my verse that I am going to memorize and live by for the year of 2015. It's somewhat my resolution... to live by the verse I pick out. 

If you remember from last year, I had a difficult time deciding on a verse. This year is completely different. I have had this verse picked out and saved in a "note" on my phone since the middle of last year. 

I believe all my previous verses have had a theme of support. I believe I chose them because I have relied on Christ's support for these last 6 years. This years verse is a little different. It's about living. 

Shortly, I will be beginning a new life with my husband, and I think this verse will be extremely important to start our marriage off with. I actually just realized yesterday I should probably run this verse by him to make sure he agrees. I would love to eventually pick out the verse for the year together, so that it fits both of our spiritual needs. Luckily, he loved it, and I have been very excited to share the verse today. 
"2 Timothy 1:9 - He has saved us and called us to a holy life - not because of anything we have done, but because of his own purpose and grace."
There are so many small reminders in this verse that I think it will be an excellent verse for the year. We are called to a holy life and I get to begin life with my husband and, man, I want it to be a holy life. I want our lives to glorify God, I want to glorify God through my husband, and I want God to be glorified through our relationship. 

But then, I love the second part of the verse. It's a "don't get too big for your britches" type of reminder. We are not living this holy life because of any good works we have done. We are choosing to live this holy life for God's purpose and his grace. He was gracious enough to save us and now we get to live a life to honor him. 

I am excited every year about picking a new verse, but I really, really love this one.

2015 - 2 Timothy 1:9
2014 – Psalm 71:3
2013 – Hebrews 6:19
2012 – John 16:33
2011 – Hebrews 11:1
2010 – Joshua 1:9
2009 – Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment