Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tuscan Soup

Ok, this is really a copy cat of the Zuppa Toscana Soup from Olive Garden... but I've never had it there... and Zuppa Toscana seemed waaaay too fancy for this place.... so that's how we ended up with Tuscan Soup.

I made it with my mom roommate on Tuesday night and I figured it was the perfect thing for today when it's 18 degrees outside and feels like 10 degrees. And it was good. I have been fighting a cold all week long and it was even good with a cold! I'm sure it actually tasted a million times better! 

I told Duck Dude about it and it went like this...
he said, "What's in it?" ......
"Bacon and sausage and potatoes..."...
"Yum! That sounds really good!" ....
"And then a whole bunch of kale!!"....
"Let's go back to the bacon part..."

But he would like it. I know he would. He might even lick his plate/bowl like he did for the meal I made on Monday.  I like when he likes food I make. It makes me think 'man I'm gonna be a good housewife. :) 

Anyway, when you're ready for a good, hot soup night. Make this!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh shoot, I forgot the garlic. Add in some garlic while you're sauteing the onions! 2 cloves, a teaspoon of minced, however garlic-y you want it!!

    ReplyDelete