Thursday, January 9, 2014

Verse of 2014

Every year I choose a verse to memorize and be my verse for the year.

I’ve waited until today to post about it, because I haven’t had verse necessarily speak to me this year. So I waited, and I researched, and I thought about what “theme” I wanted the verse to display, and did I even need a theme?, and how would I ever choose a verse out of the thousands in the Bible!!

I was browsing Pinterest one day when I pinned a verse I liked and moved along… slowly the image of that pin has popped up over and over again in my mind. So I have decided to make that my verse of 2014.

Psalm 71:3 – “Be to me a rock of habitation to which I may continually come; You have given commandments to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.”

This verse stuck out to me because of the word “habitation.” Habitation is defined as a dwelling place, or place of residence. I feel like a lot of times the word rock or fortress is used in the Bible it is being used to describe enduring through hard times, but I like how this specific verse describes the rock as an everyday place. Christ isn’t just a fortress during trials, he is our fortress all the time. He is our rock when we’re on spiritual highs and he is our rock at the lowest of lows.

A lot goes on throughout the span of a year and I am sure I will be struggling with some issue at some time. I believe this verse will encourage me throughout the year, no matter I am in 2014.

2014 – Psalm 71:3
2013 – Hebrews 6:19
2012 – John 16:33
2011 – Hebrews 11:1
2010 – Joshua 1:9
2009 – Psalm 46:1



[**only because I’ve had people ask, no I will not be getting a tattoo of a rock. The anchor was a special symbol long before I chose the verse to go along with it. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment