Friday, January 10, 2014

Crushed Red Pepper Tilapia

I have officially made it through school a week while being on my new healthy plan. It's going pretty well if you ask me so far! I have worked out three times this week and have eaten very healthy. I got home Wednesday night after working out and knew I had a bag of chopped spinach in the refrigerator I needed to use. I also knew I had fish and sour cream. So I started thinking about how I could use those three ingredients and this is what I came up with! I had red crushed pepper tilapia and spinach mashed potatoes! I, of course, made enough for lunch the next day and my entire meal was a whopping 548 calories. Pretty good, eh? 

Here we go! The fish is so simple (I said the fish, because you could probably do this with whatever kind of fish you have/want!): 

                                                                                                                           You need five ingredients. Lemon Pepper, Garlic Powder, Crushed Red Pepper, and Olive Oil! Once again, I'm not going to put specific measurements.. 1/2 teaspoon vs 1 whole teaspoon - whatever your preference is!                                                                                                                                                                      (I like mine hot.... like I like my men!)
Once you sprinkle your seasonings on the fish, drizzle some olive oil over the top. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 15 minutes! 

Spinach Mashed Potatoes! You need:
1 package of Idahoan Mashed Potatoes, however much chopped spinach you like (I put about a cup and a half), and 4 tablespoons of Lite Sour Cream

Boil your water, and toss your spinach in there! Add the mashed potatoes, mix well. Then add the sour cream and mix well again! I was so impressed with how many calories I was not eating, I threw a little mixed cheese on top. 

 

And there you have it! An easy, healthy meal in 30 minutes! I would cook this again for next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment