Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Our Bedroom

Normally, I'm super opposed to bed pictures. That is one thing you will not see from our honeymoon. A picture of the bed.. I don't know.. I just think it's weird. But, I will show you the plans I have for our bedroom. Because I love them already and I still have 6 months before I will be living in that bedroom.

I will start by saying I love Duck Dude's bedroom. It is perfect for him. But when it's going to be us, there are a few things I would like to do differently. I appreciate his attitude towards everything. He is often the one correcting me saying "your house." "Mollie, it's our house." And I like that very much. 

When he moved in, the master bedroom had a light blue wall accent wall. I like the color. I am not sure if I would have picked it myself, but I like it! So we picked out a duvet to go with that color wall. We found it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We are registering at Crate and Barrel, Macy's, and Lowe's. So, Duck Dude's mom took us to get our bedding one day because she had an awesome coupon and said we would get it later!! 

It's beautiful. It's crisp. And I am in love with it. I dream about it at night. It is actually reversible, but we will have it on the navy side, because of a little black dog!


Then, on the wall above our bed I want to do a white, picture frame collage. Eventually, with some pictures from our wedding. Something similar to this. 


And on Facebook, one of my friends posted about her friend's etsy site. It was exactly what I had been looking for and I got to buy the first thing for our bedroom. I've been wanting this for my own room, but I held off. It going to look perfect above our bed, I already know. 


It's one of my favorite hymns. Growing up, we would sing our Sunday lunch prayer. This was one of my D-daddy's favorites. And in my family it would be a 3 part harmony song, and then we would eat. I am so happy to have these words in our bedroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment