Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Content

On May 19th I wrote a post over being content. I was just in one of those moods... a happy with everywhere I am in life mood. I threw some quotes out there that were resonating with me and called it a post.

Little did I know, I would be getting engaged that Friday, just five days after that post. So, then the fury of being engaged started. I filled my summer with wedding planning. I asked my bridesmaids to be bridesmaids. I bought a wedding dress. I thought I found a place and I hated the place.... then we found our real venue. I talked centerpieces, bridesmaids dresses, and caterers. Those first few months flew by and I was in full swing wedding planning. 

Then school started and I switched gears. I went back into teacher mode and coaching mode, back into learning my students and wanting what is best for them. Meetings and meetings and meetings, oh my. School was back in session.

And now I’m here. In a place where the first 6 weeks of school are wrapping up, and I’m moving back into wedding planning mode. It’s a fine balance of trying to keep everything afloat. I’m not stressed out, but I’m definitely still in “catch up” mode at school. I’m not worried about wedding details, because I know they will all get sorted out. I’m not concerned that we haven’t sent save the dates out, even though all the “wedding websites” say we should have already done that.

Why? Well, I think it’s because of that one word I mentioned at the beginning. I am content. In the post on May 19th, I was vague and didn’t say much other than it was a happy content. Now, I think I can expand on that a little bit.

I am content because I know I have found the person I am going to spend the rest of my life with. I knew that on May 19th, I just didn’t have the ring to prove it! I am happy knowing that we are beginning our lives together. I am happy that his dog is “officially” our dog. I am content living in his house for two weeks, knowing it will be our house in 164 days. I am happy to find all the little quirks about him I do not already know. I am content in discussing everything with him, including things that haven’t always been easy for me to talk about. I am happy to make decisions with him, even if we won’t agree every time.

I am content in knowing this is my life and I am very happy with it. That’s where I am right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment