Thursday, June 19, 2014

Tales of Bridezilla

I'm totally one of those blogs that has completely let my engagement take over. So, if your one of the single people who's not so cool with that, I apologize. But at the same time, it's my space and I want this stuff documented. Mainly so I can come back and laugh at it later. 

Except right now, I am not laughing. 


Duck Dude, my mom, and I piled in the car on Monday to drive to a venue. I was excited, but extremely anxious. I'd been looking at this venue for 2 weeks. The lady and I had emailed back and forth over 16 times, and I felt like we had a good connection. Their venue looked cool, but they were building... so I knew it wouldn't be completed yet. 

We show up. The chapel is amazing. It's beautiful and the huge window opening up to a pasture was phenomenal. Then we get to where the reception would be. Where 3/4 of the wedding takes place. Where the fun, the crazy, and the celebration really occurs. 

The concrete slab I was looking at looked small. Small enough where I was thinking, there's no way we are going to fit everything in here! Online it said they could hold 400.............. I think they need to add "400 standing up."

Of course, I thought all of this in my head. Duck Dude asked questions. My mom talked to the lady and I just stood there trying to process everything.

We leave and I am quiet. Duck Dude and my mom carry on a conversation and I sit and listen... and think. Until...... 

My mom says, "Yeah, she said they could probably fit 300, but you wouldn't have a dance floor."

Whaaaaaaaaat. No dance floor!!!! This lady is dang out of her mind. It's our wedding. Our celebration. And there will be dancing. Even if it's me and Duck Dude bustin a move by ourselves. No dance floor, no way. 

So, I simply say, "I want a dance floor."

And by that time I had a headache and was ready to be out of the car. Duck Dude and I tried to order chinese food and when they said it would take 55 minutes when it was already 8:30, I said no. 

And that, my friends, was my first bridezilla moment. 
_________________________________________________

Gratitude Journal
1. I am grateful that I have a finacé who will allow me to sit quietly when I am slightly overwhelmed. It's like he knows me or something.
2. I am grateful for summer school students who are excited to sing my goofy songs every day. It, in turn, makes me happy. 
3. I am grateful for the opportunity to support and encourage friends in their new business ventures. 

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm playing serious blog catch up so don't be surprised if you get a ton of comments from me :) Super sucky that it wasn't what you thought it'd be. Don't worry you'll find something amazing! Due to the fact I live in smallville USA & my venue is the only thing that fit what I wanted it won't be able to hold as many people as we thought & really I'm okay with that. I like that I have a 250 max limit! Lol I've had 2 bridezilla moments, both of which happened the day after we got engaged. Children will not be allowed at my reception (I feel no remorse kicking out my flower girl as soon as the ceremony is over) & 2 of my bridesmaids have horrendous back & shoulder tattoos, they don't know it yet but they'll have to be covered. I haven't told them that part yet so that's a to be continued story right there. I think we're entitled to a few crazy moments, I think it's a good stress reliever at times! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm yess. The children thing is tricky. Because I don't mind some, but don't want others! ha

      Delete