Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Our God is Greater


I am writing to you today graciously humbled by my God. 

9 months ago my dad was facing a stage 4 diagnosis of melanoma. 
He wasn’t a candidate for MD Anderson, chemo had to be stopped to save his liver, and radiation did not work.

Cue some very recently FDA approved drug and a 3-4 month waiting period. Do you know how long 3-4 months seems? I wasn’t happy about that part. I’m pretty vocal when it comes to my family’s health. I was reassured that this was the best option for my dad at this point.
The update I gave in January was the first bit of good news we received. I was relieved and happy, but it was still nothing compared to the news I received from Dad about his most recent PET scan.

Cancer. Free.

There are no more tumors in my dad’s body!!!! It feels weird to even type. I am elated. I am emotional. I am proud. I am overwhelmed. Stage 4 to nothing?
I’ve been saying all along that God is a healer. If this isn’t proof, I do not know what is.

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God... 


No comments:

Post a Comment