Thursday, May 2, 2013

Be Daring

I thought it was about time I changed my Dorothy quote in my bathroom. The Dorothy quote was the very first project I did with canvas and puffy paint. I wanted to see if it worked before I started creating things for others. I loved it because it was my first one and I still believe a pair of shoes can change your life, but it ended up being pretty boring compared to my other ones. 

And I wanted to attempt a new process of putting a quote on canvas. I  used stickers to make the letters and then painted over them. I have this quote that I have loved for a while. I think it sums up me in the teaching world... I'm a little bit different. So, seeing this quote every morning in my bathroom will be a good reminder to go for my ideas in my classroom! Who wants to be ordinary? Ordinary is boring. Ordinary is not the kind of teacher I want to be. 

I ran out of as, is, ts, and ns! That's the only reason for the purple letters!

     

I had the slightest idea to be done with the project once I painted back over it. You can see how the letters are raised off the canvas, but ultimately decided I wanted this quote to be bold. I wanted to make sure I could read it everyone morning and not just look past it. 

I love the little imperfections of these projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment