Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin, Seeds, PSL

Busiest week of the year... good to see you. I'm exhausted and it's Wednesday and I've got long days ahead of me. So I needed a happy post to get me through it. Pumpkins make me happy. Pumpkin seeds make me really happy. And PSLs, or pumpkin spice lattes make me jump up and down. (technically this post has nothing to do with PSLs... I just threw it in because it's super blogger-y) 

Duck Dude, his sister, and I carved pumpkins last Saturday!! I have one goal with pumpkin carving... get the seeds out!!! I love cooking those things. We made two different flavors.

Worcestershire Seeds
1 1/2 cups of seeds
3 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of garlic salt
(We really just threw stuff in until we thought it looked right!)

Cinnamon Sugar Seeds
1 1/2 cups of seeds 
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
a dash of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon of salt


We baked ours at 300 for 45 minutes. The cinnamon sugar seeds took about 15 minutes longer though, so an hour total. Both were awesome and I think we would carve more pumpkins just to try more seeds! Love them! 


Here are our pumpkins! Duck Dude went for the free hand approach. His sister and I used a stencil. Duck Dude thinks he automatically wins because of his free hand... of a fish... for Halloween. I think his sister's is the best. I went for the cute Halloween approach. Since I hate Halloween, I wouldn't want anything to be too scary so it's like "Ah, a ghost... oh wait.. it's a friendly ghost! Like Casper! Casper the Pumpkin Ghost! Cute!"



No comments:

Post a Comment