Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Chicken Salad

I am linking up for the first time today! A recipe link-up! How I didn't know about this earlier I am not sure. But this is a great day! And I have a fantastic recipe for y'all! 
Full Time Mama
Link up here!
My best secret. The greatest idea my church ever had. The "Forerunner's Cookbook". Aka all the old people's best recipes all in one book!!! Isn't that brilliant?! Genius? 

One of my favorite parts about the cookbook is there might be 3 different recipes for "king ranch chicken" or "squash casserole"... so I get to pick and choose from those 3 recipes and create my own recipe from the bests! 

Here's one of the oldest recipes ever, but the first time I ever made it on my own! Chicken salad! I love different chicken salads and there's not a specific one I love the most. Sometimes I want grapes in it, sometimes I don't.. sometimes I love a lot of celery, sometimes I don't want it to be 1/2 mayonnaise. So here's a chicken salad recipe from a church member. And of course, it's Duck Dude approved!!



6 comments:

  1. Oh I love chicken salad. Oddly enough I had never tried it until meeting T, and now I love it. I've learned to make it, but it's a little different than your recipe. This one sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother texted me yesterday and said, "That's not my recipe." Ha but I love having different ones to try! How do you do yours typically?

      Delete
  2. I've never really been a mayo person, but I'd love to make this for Mike sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a mayo person at all! But for some reason I do not mind it in this. You could always substitute a greek yogurt/sour cream mixture if you didn't want to use mayo!

      Delete
  3. Yum yum YUM! I love chicken salad in all forms. Can't wait to try this recipe! I'm a little late (oops) but I'm featuring this as my favorite for this week's Delicious Dish Tuesday! :) You've already got the Featured Favorite button at the top (are you psychic?! ;) ) so no need to come grab that, but please DO come by and share more recipes! :) Have a great week, and thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! That's definitely not the one I meant to grab... Thanks so much!!

      Delete