Monday, August 18, 2014

This Year's Different

Well, I'm back at the spot where I hit that publish button for 3/4 of the year.... my teacher desk. I'm glad to be back for year number FIVE, but at the same time this year is different. 
  • My red head is in North Carolina and no longer a 3 hour drive from me
  • My blonde is going to be a senior at Baylor 
  • Oh ya know... I am planning a wedding!!!
  • There's a brand new math curriculum this year
  • I get to have 32 iPads in my room and officially be a "digital" classroom
  • I am going to attempt to standards based grade rather than numerically grade
  • I really no longer feel like a "new" teacher. Year five. I'm a vet. 
  • There's a new principal that I want to get to know.
  • There's a new athletic director who I want to get to know. 
  • I have to renew my teaching certification this year. 
But, at the end of the day, I am still going to get my 105 students and I am still going to be their teacher. It's still my job to teach them... life skills, character traits, and math concepts. I still get to be a role model and mentor. I still get to love them. I still get to shine Christ's light. And I still get to do what I love. 

So, maybe, it's not really that different after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment