Monday, August 25, 2014

A Reminder

I know I have people of all color, size, gender, and religious views that read my blog and I love each of you very much! 

That being said, as I enter this hectic and chaotic couple of weeks, I turn to one thing to calm me. Music. There are songs I just make connections with and songs that I will play on repeat over and over again. Last week I posted T Swift's new song... it was what I needed last week. 

This week, I need something else. A reminder that my God is alive and he is working in the hearts of my students, parents, athletes, coworkers, administrators, and myself. 

One final breath He gave
As Heaven looked away
The Son of God was laid in darkness
A battle in the grave
The war on death was waged
The power of hell forever broken


The ground began to shake
The stone was rolled away
His perfect love could not be overcome
Now death where is your sting
Our resurrected King has rendered you defeated


Forever, He is glorified
Forever, He is lifted high
Forever, He is risen
He is alive
He is alive

So, this week, this song is on repeat.




No comments:

Post a Comment