Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Confetti

Welcome to the first and only edition of Tech Tuesday!! 

A while back I had the grand idea to make a snapchat filter for my cousin's wedding. I ran it by the other cousins in the cousin Facebook message and got the approval that it was, indeed, a marvelous idea. So, I went with the fool proof plan of googling "how to make a snapchat filter." 

I saw that most people were talking about Etsy, and I was like 'oh, I love Etsy.. I will go there.' The problem was the Etsy order would take a day to get to me and then you have to submit it to snapchat for approval and that can take up to 24 hours, and I only had 24 hours. So, I needed something fast. I tried google again and read a couple articles. One article mentioned an app where you could totally design your filter and then they submit it for you and upload it to snapchat for you and expedite the entire process. Ding, ding, ding! That's what I was talking about!! The app is called "Confetti" and it now resides on my home screen! 


I was so impressed with the entire process I even went and wrote a review for them! The only people I have done that for are my wedding vendors and most of them asked me to do it! It was so easy!! My total cost was $20 even. Just for comparison the etsy filters range from $8 - $16. Then the geofilter for snapchat cost about $10 for a 4 - 6 hour time period. Another really cool aspect is they give you stats on your filter! Here were the stats from "Cousin Wedding 5." 1941 people viewed my filter! How cool is that!! 

Here are some other filters that I made up just sitting here! You can use them for everything! There are banners, fonts, stickers, and more! Just remember in order to get approval, you cannot use hashtags, you can only use first names, and you cannot use any brand names. There is a separate "business filters" submission guidelines if you want to have a filter for a business, but I didn't look at that! :) 


Happy snap chat filtering! I would love to see your creations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment