Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What to Eat Wednesday: Waldorf

Have you ever been to a pizza place and ordered a salad?! 
It sounds crazy, right? But I do... every single time at California Pizza Kitchen. Their Waldorf Chicken Salad is ahhhhmazing. I crave it.. and so, last night, I made a copy cat version. 


It's one of those salads where you want a little lettuce with everything else in it! All the goodness in it makes you forget that you're technically eating a salad. A little bit of chopping and a little bit of whisking and dinner is ready. 

Chopped apples (I used Fuji because they are my favorite), chopped red grapes, shredded chicken (I used rotisserie), chopped celery, gorgonzola cheese, and glazed walnuts. I have never bought gorgonzola cheese, but there it was already in crumbles in my cheese section. Cool! 



The dressing was very simple to make and I already had everything I needed. It was a little tart, which I didn't mind at all. (I actually had left over celery and dipped it in the leftover dressing for lunch today!) I don't know how to make it not as tart, but that did not stop me from eating it. 



Make it.. then you will realize I am not crazy for ordering this salad every single time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment