Wednesday, May 11, 2016

What to Eat Wednesday: Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats

Here's the best part of being married: 

Me: "Oh, tonight I am making a new recipe!" 
Duck Dude: "Cool! What is it?"
Me: "Philly Cheesesteak..."
Duck Dude: "Oh my gosh!! I love philly cheesesteak sandwiches!!!!! Yum!!!!!"
Me: "uhhh.. Philly Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats!!!!!"
Duck Dude: "Hmm... that's different."
Me: "Yeah! Minus the bread... add some vegetables!"
Duck Dude: "Can't wait to try it." 

So, when you tell your significant other you're making these maybe you should begin with zucchini! Either way, I promise they will not be disappointed! These are good. 


I don't cook with roast beef... um, ever? So it was a really fun change of flavor profile for me! I accidently broke a zucchini in half... (I did arm workouts one day and I am just snapping zucchini in half!)... and I ate that one straight out of the oven. It was so good without any of the cheesesteak stuff! This ended up working a lot quicker than I thought. It was very easy to get the saucepan finished while the zucchinis were cooking. Most 30 minute recipes take me an hour? This really did take me 30 minutes!



And, of course, it is definitely Duck Dude approved..... even with zucchini. 



No comments:

Post a Comment