Wednesday, May 18, 2016

What to Eat Wednesday: Dessert Edition

For the first time, I am bringing you a dessert! We had this discussion at a shower yesterday: A good cook vs a good baker. I love to cook. I am not a baker. When baking, you have to follow the recipe...... I prefer to throw a dash of this and a dash of that. I rarely bring a measuring cup out and I definitely never use a teaspoon or tablespoon measurement. A pour vs a little longer pour. I don't bake. 


However, for Sister Laura Pocket's shower, I said I would bring some type of strawberry something dessert. Hmph. My mind immediately went to this dessert my mom made growing up. Our Sunday lunches consisted of a full meal... including dessert. I loved this dessert and I knew I could make it for the shower! I got the recipe from my mom and gave myself plenty of time on Saturday to make it in case it did not turn out correctly. 




Strawberry Pretzel Dessert. Any dessert with cool whip is most likely on my favorites list. This recipe calls for 8 oz... I bought 16... because I knew I'd eat half of it while baking. :) Just another reason I should not bake... I don't snack on the raw onions I'm cooking with! I love it also because it uses an entire pound of strawberries!!! Yum!! It's the perfect summer dessert because it's served chilled and it is also the most perfect blend of salty and sweet there could ever be! 





No comments:

Post a Comment