Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Let it Go.. Not the Frozen version

If you have girls anywhere from the ages of 3 – 17, they are probably obsessed with Frozen.

I have heard the songs, on average, 5 times a day for the last 3 months.

If you do not believe me, check out this one student’s nails. She did them herself. An 8th grader. One hand is Elsa, the other is Anna. Pretty amazing.



So, I’ve begun using these songs to my advantage.

When one athlete does not get first in her race:
“Let it go, Let it go…. You’re really not super slow!”

For our current tessellation project:
“Do you wanna do your project? You’re peacock is a doll.”


For my upcoming surface area project:
“Do you wanna build a tin man? With duck tape, foil, and all?”

Two boys fighting over a tennis ball in the hall:
“Let it go, let it go….. That ball is going to be mine!!!!”

Boys still throwing the tennis ball because they had another one in their backpack:
“I said No, I said no……. Sentences you will owe!!!”

To my students these last 9 weeks of school:
“Do you wanna get a good grade? Or drive me up the wall?”

Last day of track, I am happy to see you. Only a 7 hour track meet stands in my way of leaving school at 3:45 every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment