Thursday, March 20, 2014

Power Muffins

I am really terrible at eating breakfast. Unless it's a granola bar in class or I happen to have yogurt in my school fridge, I don't eat breakfast on school mornings. During the weekend, I eat oatmeal... but I wake up for school at 6:45...get out of bed at 7:15... and leave at 7:30.. there's no time for oatmeal. And sometimes I get burnt out on yogurt. 

So when I saw this recipe for Power Muffins... I thought that's exactly what I need! I pinned it, here, and I actually got around to making them this week! You can find the recipe I used exactly right here (she has a much prettier picture) or just follow the pin..... or just keep reading. 

Today was my second morning eating them, and I have to say, they are pretty good. Duck Dude still says he has to be the official taste tester.. but I think he will like them. My favorite part is the blueberries, and I am not even a big fan of blueberries. I did put the power muffins recipe into Myfitnesspal to see just how much "power" I was getting from them. Now, this is for 2 muffins.. but I was pleasantly surprised! They've kept me full and I like the 16g of protein. 


I would definitely make them again... which is a good sign, right? Here's the recipe! Thanks Domesticated Academic for posting a fantastic one!


No comments:

Post a Comment