Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Asparagus Stuffed Chicken

At our house we love asparagus. We also love Sprouts. Asparagus and Sprouts. Sprouts and Asparagus. I feel like that could be a farm to table restaurant. I need to patent that stat. 

Anyway, those tasty/delicious/food videos are always on my facebook.. so when I was looking at the weekly ads for sprouts and saw asparagus was on for $1.99, I knew we were going to do this recipe. Chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and asparagus. 

Sprouts also has great deals on chicken.. I got two, 1 lb chicken breasts for $2 each! From here, it was so simple. I sprinkled TexJoy on both sides of the chicken breast. If you don't know what Texjoy is... you are 100% missing out. It's a family staple. If you don't have any, go to http://www.texjoy.com/ right now and buy you some. Then put it on both sides of chicken... vegetables... beef... pork.. yogurt... ok, just kidding, not yogurt. But anything else. It's the best. 
 

From there, I took leftover monterrey jack cheese, because it's what we had, and stuffed the chicken breast with cheese and asparagus. From there, I baked it at 375 for 45 minutes. These were large chicken breasts, if you go with smaller ones, you might need less time. 

I roasted some tomatoes and cooked the rest of the asparagus. Then I threw in some avocado with the tomatoes to round out the dinner. 

Travis and I split one for dinner that night, and then I had lunch for the next two days! I will for sure be doing this again. What modifications would you make? I think some pepperjack cheese would be really good too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment