Tuesday, June 4, 2013

BvB 2013

In case you need more proof that I'm really a guy at heart... I play football all summer. Really, Mollie? Yes, really and I love it and it is definitely part of my favorite time of the year.... Summer!!! 

It is time to participate in  Blondes vsBrunettes!! It is the coolest charity ever. It allows me to play football all summer, talk about how awesome it is to be a brunette, oh and raise over a million dollars in 5 years for the Alzheimer's Association of Dallas!

 The best part is we, as an organization, get 100% say in how we want to use the money we raise. One of the most meaningful ways I think we utilize it is by giving support to caregivers. In 2012, it was estimated that family members put in over 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. As someone who has lived with a family member who had Alzheimer's, I know exactly the hours that the statistic is referencing. My afternoons were full of helping my grandfather, remember how to change the channel on the tv or reminding him that mom and D-mommy wouldn't be home for another 30 minutes when he would ask where they were. I am proud to be able to help support family members of those who are currently being affected by Alzheimer's. 

I play for my D-daddy, my grandfather, but I also play for the future. I'm raising money because I believe one day we will find a cure. Research is one of the key components of curing Alzheimer's and that’s why a large portion of what we raise goes towards the Alzheimer’s Association National Research Program.

Last summer we exceeded our goal by 50,000 dollars. This summer we have set our goal higher. We want to raise $350,000 dollars in 2 months. I have committed to raise $1200 this summer! I am excited to get started and want to invite you to join me! A $25 donation to BvB gets you a “ticket” to the game and I promise it will be well worth it!

I am so thankful for the constant care I receive from all of you, and I thank you in advance for your continued prayer or monetary support in this wonderful adventure! I am honored to be a part of this organization. If you know someone who has been affected by Alzheimer’s or you just want to pass this info along, please feel free to do so!
And, of course… Go Bru Crew!!! J

To donate, go here:

No comments:

Post a Comment