Tuesday, August 25, 2015

We Really Gouda Together

Wanna hear something funny? Growing up I thought I didn't like cheese. 
I was just letting that sink in. Now I am 27 and I do not have the metabolism I had growing up and I love cheese. I feel like that did not work out in my favor. However, now I am married and I have all kinds of cool serving platters and pretty things. I like to use, said, pretty things... especially when we have people over! 
Last week we had a little going away party for ESPN Caroline. I decided to make a cheese plate. I did about 2 seconds worth of research and knew I would use the resources I had. 
1. Marble Platter from Crate and Barrel. 
2. Cool Slate things you can write on with chalk..... or officially "slate place card holders with soapstone chalk" You might have seen these during our Bachelor nights too. I love these things!! Whenever you have people over it makes things look that more fancy! I've already considered buying another set of 4! 
And 3. Cheese. Way back at Easter I blogged about our Scramily. Well one weekend when Sammie's mom and I were both having a girls weekend at Baylor... they introduced me to smoked gruyere cheese. It might actually be the BEST cheese ever invented. 
And then there's gouda. How can you deny a cheese when there are memes like this?!
And then there's the classic. Cheddar. That rounded out the cheeses that I wanted. I picked them out from Sprouts I found a white cheddar that was crumbly, but still very, very good. What's more American than a cheese plate? Needless to say it was a hit. 3 was definitely enough for this platter.. but I also have a wooden one that would probably hold 4 or 5. 


Bring on football season and cheese plates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment