Wednesday, April 20, 2016

What to Eat: Upside Down Pizza Casserole


This recipe I was leery of, because you cannot really replace pizza. It's not possible and if I try, I typically end up craving it more so than before. But this recipe was spot on, and it's quick and easy. I actually made this on a Monday night... which is usually Bachelor nights at our house. Which means at least one person is coming over... if not 5. I believe bridesmaid Kristen came over this night, and she ended up eating some too! 

For me, this recipe is about the biscuits. I do not cook with a lot of bread.. so to have the guilty pleasure of biscuits on top?! I could squeal with excitement!!! I took this from my favorite magazine I have ever purchased... Ultimate Casseroles.. we have a joke in my family because one time my mentioned just how "economical" they were. We all died laughing because while they may be economical, they are also just really, really good. It tastes like home and this one is no different. 

Anyway, I adapted this recipe to fit the needs of Duck Dude and I... feel free to do the same. I, of course, took out the olives (the one thing Duck Dude does not like), and I added mushrooms and chopped spinach, because duh. I also added a can of diced tomatoes... this was on a whim, but I figured with a pound and a half of meat, I would want more than just one can of sauce. It was in no way too saucy, and I wrote..... in my magazine... to add a can of diced tomatoes.. just in case I ever forgot. 

It ended up being super easy and I was able to fully concentrate on the Bachelor that night, which obviously is the most important thing. 




I'm sure I could do another one with chicken and pineapple and Travis would love it so much he would want to marry it. Add your favorite pizza toppings and have fun with it! I will definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment