Tuesday, April 19, 2016

How to Ride a Bike

Recently, Duck Dude has taken up biking. Being the supportive wife I am, I have joined him..... three times within the last 4 months. I have learned a lot through my 3 bike rides.... and I am here today to tell you how to ride a bike. In just three simple steps, you too, can be a "bike rider." 

Step 1. Wear as many baggy clothes as possible. 
Most bikers would say something about "wind resistance" and you're just making it harder on yourself, but I say I am just working out harder. I also say my spandex days are retired... but that's beside the point. Baggy clothes = comfortable.


Step 2. When Duck Dude has the car and is at sister Laura pocket's house, load up your wine bottle and ride over. 
Fun fact: did you know a wine bottle will fit directly into the water bottle spot? Because it does. Another fun fact: this didn't actually happen... I had my helmet on and was shutting the garage when Duck Dude called and said, "ok, I'll come get you." Then I think he said something along the lines of "I didn't know you knew how to get the bike down." Desperate times call for desperate measures. I just want everyone to know I was gonna do it. 


Step 3. Food always works as bribery. 
One day Duck Dude asked if I wanted to ride to our favorite little breakfast spot. I said of course! Then cheesy grits and a carafe of mimosa later, I had to get back on the bike and ride back to the house. That was my most dangerous ride, of course! :) 

Ok, ok. I would not ever consider myself a real biker...... ever. However, Duck Dude has totally picked up the sport and he's pretty good at it! I'm talking 30-40 mile bike rides! And this past weekend he competed in his first triathlon, ever..... in the pouring rain.... and it was COLD!!! And I was thoroughly impressed. So he is not only a biker, but also a triathlon-er. Cool, huh? He completed the entire thing in one hour and 7 minutes!!! 

Somehow his family and I ended up in the perfect spot to cheer him on and we got to see him bike past us 4 times and run past us once!! Annnnd he rocked the spandex!!! 



Touche, babe. You can be the real biker in this family. I am proud of you biker, spandex man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment