Monday, August 5, 2013

Ranch Dressing

Oh, ranch dressing. We have a love/hate relationship. I really love ranch dressing, but I really hate the calories and the amount I use.

Cue Greek yogurt. I've read and pinned and heard about how Greek yogurt can be substituted for all sorts of less healthy options. So when I saw this at the grocery store, I knew I had to try it!

A bottled ranch dressing that is made with yogurt! A nice, easy way to transition myself into using yogurt instead of sour cream and mayonnaise. And one serving (two tablespoons) is only 45 calories!!! As if anyone only uses two tablespoons of ranch dressing, it makes me feel so much better about using a tad more.

How does it compare to regular ranch? Good question. Hidden valley ranch has 160 calories every two tablespoons. Oh, you use light ranch? That's great, it has 80 calories for every two tablespoons. So, essentially, even if you're using light ranch you are still cutting your calories in half!

But does it taste the same? I'll be honest. No. But it is very similar!! And I couldn't tell a difference at all when I made a recipe with it. The only time I could tell it was a little different, was when I dipped pizza directly into it. And I still didn't stop. It tasted different, not bad, but different.

 
 


Maybe this will make me use yogurt a little more. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around putting yogurt on a potato instead of sour cream.

If you've had success, let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment