Friday, August 30, 2013

Football Friday

Let's be honest. It's the first Friday of school. It's the Friday before a 3 day weekend. And it's the Friday before the start of college FOOTBALL!!!! Ain't nobody gettin' anything accomplished 'round here. 

5 reasons to LOVE Baylor Football.

1. It's the last year at "The Case" aka Floyd Casey Stadium. This stadium is near and dear to my heart and I have always loved parking in the Mexicans' yard and paying them 5 dollars sometimes writing them a check for 5 dollars to do so. 


2. Have you seen our new chrome helmets? If you haven't, you will surely see them from 300 yards away at least. The sun will be reflecting off Seastrunk's helmet as he streaks towards the end zone for sure!!! And you might even sing the old Trace Adkins song, Chrome.


3. Because my uncle is the defensive coordinator. Ok, fine. Not really. But he's sorta kinda like my uncle. He's from the Louisiana side of the "family"... the people that aren't blood family, but are family. And instead of having to explain to people the logistics of it all it's a whole lot easier to just say he's my uncle. He's my uncle from another ...... I don't know where I was going with that. 

4. Because we're the underdogs. Every year we face the "oh they're just Baylor." "Oh they don't have RG3 anymore." "Oh, they had to pay off the Big 12 to stay in it." Keep em coming... they only fire us up more. They only help us beat the #1 team in the nation, Kansas State. We can win. We will find a way to win Jim Rome.... maybe Allen Iverson can give you some tips on rants. We are Baylor.

 

5. Because nothing makes this non emotional person want to cry like a hype video. I love them. It makes the hair stand up on my arms. It makes me want to bleed green and gold. It makes me want to be a forever college student. It makes me relive my glory days. It makes me fall in love with Baylor all over again!!! 


Rip em Up, Tear em Up, Sic em BU!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment