Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Meridian State Park

Located on the west side of Lake Whitney… almost to the beginning of the hill country. I left school at 3:15 pm and jumped on 30W.. this took me south of downtown Ft. Worth, so I didn’t even have to go through downtown which is always a win. Then I jumped on the new Chisholm Trail Tollway! I took that all the way to Cleburne where I hopped on the little back highway 174. I was there by 5:00 and was able to catch the first sunset!



Dinner was a clam linguine over my special gluten free noodles! We went on a quick exploration walk, and then sat by the fire! Before we knew it, it was 10:45 and we had to go to bed!

We were up by 7 and cooking cheese grits… my favorite staple. My mom’s cousin Carrie doesn’t eat grits on the reg like I do… and she was saying how good it was. The fried Spam was also extremely delightful.

Then we began our morning hike! Our morning hike was 4 miles around Lake Meridian that the park sits on! It’s a great little trail that has many elevation changes! We stopped at the lookout and ate a snack and I continued to explore the grottos that were below the lookout. How cool is this. Several of the grottos were full of foliage, and I’m not sure which was more beautiful. We took a quick 30 minute nap, and headed out on another 2 mile hike. By the end of our hiking my phone said we’d gone 6.8 miles and climbed 30 floors. Holla.





The wildflowers were in full bloom. And it was gorgeous. 

Dinner that night was foil packs cooked over the fire. We used that wonderful TexJoy seasoning on our chicken with squash, zucchini, mushrooms, and onions. The fire cooked it perfectly and I ate all. Of. Mine. Then mom used her new oven to cook a peach cobbler.


The next morning we used the oven to cook biscuits… put that with apple butter.. and eggs and venison sausage.. and my stomach is SO happy. Did I mention even the bath house was pretty?


If you’re needing a recharge of your self battery.. then head to Meridian State Park. I didn’t charge my phone battery once… because no cell service is good for the soul. 



No comments:

Post a Comment