Thursday, April 13, 2017

Fishing Date






Yesterday, I received an email from my husband asking me to go on a fishing date. 

There were three different options for dinner and I quickly accepted. We're new boat owners (a fishing boat).. so I thought it was a fantastic idea.


We were on the water by 5:30 and Travis had caught his first fish by 6 pm. A lovely bass. All about that bass, bout that bass. 

I caught myself a realllllllly big stick fish. You haven't heard of that species? It's very rare... and very hard to catch. But I managed!! And I am so proud. 

 

Then my lovely husband had gone to the store and gotten a veggie tray, chips and salsa, summer sausage, cheese, and diet coke!! It was the best lake dinner ever!! 

I told Travis when we got the boat that I wanted to learn to back the trailer down. I'm not gonna be the wife that sits in the boat helpless as her husband does all the work. I've backed a boat trailer down once before, and I knew I wanted that to be my job. Travis can back a trailer into the smallest space possible... oh 2 inches on this side? Not a problem. I watched and listened to his thinking while he put the boat in... then, I backed the trailer down (with him on speaker phone) to pick the boat back up! It wasn't perfect... but our phone call was under 5 minutes which I was proud of. 


I am sure there will be many fishing dates in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment