Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I get a brother!!!

Last Wednesday night I received one of the most important phone calls of my entire life. It was from Hannah's boyfriend, Ben. We've been talking rather often lately since he has applied and been accepted to Teach For America (teaching math!!). So after a long day at school I answered. He asked me what I was doing this weekend? I said I had my tournament for basketball and he replied with well, how long will that last? It was at this moment.. I knew it was going to be a special phone call. He then said, "I'm going to propose to your sister on Saturday night." ... I screamed. ha (he told me later I got the award for best reaction!) I think I said a couple are you for real? are you serious? and he said, "Yes, Mollie." (in his ever so logical and serious voice) Then I'm pretty sure I said, "I'm gonna cry" and he let me have my little moment and just sat and waited for me to collect myself! :) 


Ben proposed at the site where he first told Hannah he loved her. It's a beautiful cliff in Cameron Park (Waco) that most people don't even know exists. They had their moment (recorded on secret video tape which is perfect) and then continued hiking up the hill. When they reached the top (and climbed over a fence) we were there waiting. The ring is seriously gorgeous and looks phenomenal on Hannah's hand. I was super sick (like made a bed in the back seat and slept the whole way there and back), but the day was perfect. My favorite part of the day was calling everyone to tell them. So. Much. Fun. 






I was so excited for both of them. These two have literally grown up together and it's been fun to watch how they've changed and how their walks with God have changed and grown. Out of the sisters, Hannah is probably the most emotional of the three (i.e. Caroline's asked for a new soul for Christmas because she's the least emotional/has no emotions at all). I think Ben is the perfect balance for Hannah with his rational thinking and level head. I cannot wait to see how their relationship grows even further.


Hannah comes home this weekend for Christmas and I'm sure our house will be dominated with wedding planning. I am so excited and can't wait to help her make decisions!! I have never been wedding dress shopping with anyone and I'm glad the first time is going to be with my beautiful, red-headed sister. This next semester is going to be crazy, but I'm ready and I definitely wouldn't have it any other way. She is going to be the most breath-taking bride ever. I love her so much. I can't believe she's starting this next chapter in her life.. but I plan on being by her side every step of the way. 


I'm not sure if Ben is ready for 2 crazy sisters... but we're definitely ready for a brother. Welcome to the family Ben! 


No comments:

Post a Comment