Monday, December 19, 2011

Hustle and Bustle

I made it to Christmas break!! :) Luckily I jam pack the last week full of activities and so it normally flies by! I got an absurd amount of presents from my students/athletes this year. I need to go combine all my sonic and starbucks giftcards into one. (I've already put the $50 visa card in my wallet!) I have three large bags still sitting on my living room full of all my gifts because I do not know what to do with them! ha However, my favorite part of the gifts is reading what my students write on the cards. It's always so sweet and here are just a couple from this year: 


"You must be very busy teaching athletics and math. I admire you for doing all that. May God bless you and watch over you this Christmas."
"Ms. Lindstrom you've helped me through a lot of hard math problems. Thank you for wanting to help me."
"Thank you so much for investing into Austin. You make math enjoyable for him." - From a mom


This is what keeps me going into the second semester. When I received the fifty dollar gift card I immediately decided it was too much and I couldn't accept it. It's from one of my athletes that I have an awesome relationship with and I texted her after school was out and just said she was crazy and I'd keep it for her to use after the break was over. She texted me back and said, "No, it's just something to show you how much my family and I appreciate you and all you do. My dad says he's not taking it back." It's been a long three weeks since Thanksgiving due to other coworkers drama, and all these cards just help bring me back down to reality and I know why I hang out with 250 thirteen year olds every day. 


Now that I'm on Christmas break, I'm spending my time hanging out at one of my favorite places this time of year: the mall!! I had a conversation with a friend who said she just tried to avoid all malls at all costs. That was crazy to me!! I love the big trees, I love the lights, and I love the holiday spirit that everyone is... even if it's crowded. Bring on the hustle and bustle, I can fit right in. And that's where I am headed right now and I'll listen to Christmas music the whole way there!





No comments:

Post a Comment