Friday, November 18, 2011

I am thankful for my students.

Yes, sometimes I need reminders. Today I received 2 of them. Reminders that I am a role model for these kids and I, often, have more of a relationship with them than most people in their life. These are the days that make me smile. So yes, today I am thankful for all of my 200 students and athletes.

I'm not sure what class it's in... keyboarding? but every year they must type a formal letter to a teacher. I've gotten some every year, but this one had me laughing out loud. It's one of my boys from last year. I love that they even consider choosing me as their teacher to type their letter to! This letter represents my student's randomness so well! I read it first thing this morning and it was a great start to my day! I'm thankful for former and present students.

Dear Coach,
How has it been since the last time I saw you? Have you noticed that "been" sounds like Ben? I get that confused a lot. Actually one time in first grade we had a spelling test. "Been" was on there. I shouted out to the class "it isn't like my name Ben, it's like the b-e-e-n." The teacher got mad at me for spelling it out and I felt embarrassed.

How is your new class doing? I still think that we were your favorite class out of all of your classes. I also will be your favorite student out of all time because I'm Ben, why else? I hope they aren't giving you a huge headache. I know that some classes do that to people. My new class in Spanish does that to me. Did you know that I'm taking Spanish? It is easier than algebra. Maybe because I'm part Mexican but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Sincerely,
Ben


Today at the end of the school day we had the student/faculty volleyball game. I played last year, but didn't really know the 8th graders.... this year I was their coach!! ha So I talked trash all week! :) Their biggest goal was to block me, but that never happened. It was a really close game, but the teachers won in 3!! 16-14! Coming back from 13-8.... kinda like our entire season! :) It was so much fun and an excellent start to Thanksgiving break! I'm so thankful for my athletes and how much joy they bring to my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment