Monday, May 30, 2011

Glory to Glory


Glory to Glory is a painting by my uncle Mark Stewart. I love how old-fashioned they look and sometimes I wish I could just jump into them and be surrounded by the serene environment. As I was driving around yesterday, I was looking at all the American flags in the yards. It reminded me of the house I grew up in and how excited we used to be when we got to "help" D-Daddy put the flag out in the yard. Yesterday, in church, was especially emotional when they played the Air Force song. I think I can say one of the top 10 experiences of my life was at my Pappy's funeral last weekend. After they folded up the flag and presented it to us, we listened as one of the member's played TAPS on the cornet. I was so proud of my grandfather and his years of service in World War II. My cousin got to receive the flag, and then Tuesday he left for South Korea for a year of service. There are so many people who are willing to give their lives for our country, and this is one day of the year we get to honor them. 
I guess you could say this year, more than ever, I am happy to glorify our veterans, pray for those who are currently serving, and remember those that gave their lives for the land of the free! Thank you to all of you; I appreciate you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment