Monday, November 8, 2010

Sweatpants to Middle School?

Tomorrow is a wonderful day of standardized testing (which I'm not even going to get started on)... it's also a day of mandatory fitness testing. Since I am so fit (ha!), they have asked me to work one of the stations. Therefore, I get to wear athletic pants all day tomorrow!! Yay!!

I'm also being evaluated on Wednesday for my PDAS! This is my one-time evaluation for the entire school year. This determines (not solely, but a big part of) if my contract is renewed or not. So... no pressure, right? Thank goodness I'm used to being observed and I do not really get nervous. I have made sure that my powerpoint is awesome for that day and then we're playing exponent BINGO! It should be a fun day, and I've already threatened all the kids with their lives!! :)  

There is one more situation that was brought to my attention today. One of those situations that, as a teacher, you have to be very careful about. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but I want to make sure the situation is handled appropriately. The students well being is obviously at the fore front of my mind, and I'm going to focus on that for now. I am hoping that it turns out to be nothing. 

This Friday is the end of the 2nd 6 weeks! I've officially made it through one third of the school year!! With Thanksgiving and Christmas rapidly approaching I'm sure things will get crazy, but I'll have lots of breaks to get through it!! I am very Thankful for my JOB; I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment