Saturday, August 18, 2012

Turkey Mango Amazingness

So for the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics, Caroline and I wanted to cook dinner! I've been a little crazy about ground turkey lately and I found a sale on mangoes I couldn't pass up. So I googled (what did we do before the internet?) turkey and mango recipes and found one we thought we'd try. It. Was. Incredible!! 

I started by browning the turkey and cutting up 2 large mangoes. Not gonna lie, cutting a mango is a little tricky the first time you do it. Thanks youtube for the video to show me how (once again, the internet saved me). 




After the meat is browned here are the other ingredients I used:
1/4 cup of onions            1 tsp Cinnamon          1 tsp oregano
A pinch of garlic             1 tsp Thyme                

 Combine that with the turkey and mango, and then add about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of salsa! Here's the fun part... I've already made this recipe a 2nd time and the 2nd time I changed my salsa to a chipotle peach salsa! It was just as good as the first time! So I think you could choose whichever salsa you like the best to mild or super hot!
 

Then we served it over brown rice! While it is a hot recipe, it is still very refreshing! I can't wait to make it with my mom! I think she will love it even more than I do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment